Tuesday 27 April 2010

I saw an old lady driving a Smart Car today.

I don't know why that should be strange but it was. I suppose the Smart image is that of a young or middle-aged woman - you only see a bloke driving one if it belongs to a pizza company or estate agents.

The Smart is an ideal old-person's car though, it's small, economical, easy to climb into and better looking than a Perodua Kenari or Hyundai Atoz. It does only have two seats of course so I suppose that is where the Perodua and Hyundai would win out - similarly with the Vauxhall Agila/Suzuki Wagon-R - same car different badge. This has recently been reworked and there has been a big improvement...
Before...and after





This revamp will certainly bring younger drivers to the model - I don't know if it will put off any of the older ones though.

Anyway, here's a car that BMW are hoping will appeal to the female pensioner. It's called the Gran Coupe...

No comments:

Post a Comment