Friday 18 February 2011

Now this - I REALLY LIKE!



As you will see, I've nicked these pictures from Auto Express although Autocar also had the story. Auto Express seem to be the Mag for Jag stories at the moment though, they got an exclusive last week on Jaguar's potential new small car. That doesn't interest me as much as the beauty pictured above - the B99 or Bertone 99, so called because it is styled by PininfarinaBertone. It's a concept car that could be a clue towards the X-Type replacement.

My X-Type is an estate and, as a rule, besides the practical necessity for me - I actually think estates look prettier than saloons - at least I did until I saw this. My kids are older now so we don't have pushchairs and things to deal with so maybe the necessity side of the argument is waning too - or maybe my heart is taking over control from my head. Or this what is called a mid-life crisis? No, that would be a Porsche 911 Cabrio.

This car has hints of BMW 850 and Dodge Challenger (see below) but is still easily identifiable as a Jag. So it doesn't need the bonnet mascot! Sorry to get bold and italicised there but it is the one tiny bit of the picture that looks completely wrong - lose the bonnet mascot!

Pity it doesn't look more like a Dodge Charger - I could have put up a picture of Daisy Duke - Catherine Bach, the proper Daisy Duke - not that bimbo from the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment