Tuesday 16 August 2011

To Infiniti and Beyond

What could be beyond Infinity?

Eternity?

Nah. And what happens when you spell them wrong?

Infiniti are Nissan's answer to Toyota's Lexus - luxury well-built cars but a bit boring. I mean look at this G37...It even looks quite Lexusish.

Infiniti have stated that they want to seriously up the numbers they sell in the UK next year. Up to now they've gone for the exclusive angle with a minimal number of dealerships hidden around the country - next year they're opening a few more.

But would anyone want to copy them?

Apparently so.This child's cardboard cut-out of a Peugeot with big wheels is supposed to be the new Eterniti luxury British car launching at the Frankfurt Motor Show next month. It's supposed to be an SUV - a posh Cayenne-type for Aston Martin money.

Lots of motoring sites including Autocar and me are mentioning it but I'm not sure why - I doubt if it will ever exist in the metal.

Unless Mattel do a Hotwheels version.

In fact, that looks like who they've nicked the wheel design from.

1 comment:

  1. Thats funny you mentioned Mattel because a Hot Wheels car was th efirst thing that popped into my mind when I first saw this. It appears to look pretty slick to me, but I doubt it would do very well. Only because its rather futuristic, and people have yet to embrace vehicles that look like they are from Judge Dread.
    Brake Service

    ReplyDelete