Wednesday 23 November 2011

Plump My Ride

I might as well use that title - everyone else has. To be fair, it is the name of a BMW scheme to design their cars to cater for lots of very different sized people with the emphasis on the fact that, as a species, we are getting huge.

Caradvice.com.au went with this version of the story today which would have been quite interesting except I remember reading exactly the same item a couple of weeks ago. Even down to Ford and Nissan developing fat suits to test out their innovations.

I couldn't remember where though so I did a bit of digging. I failed to find the original article I had read but I did find this story on the Daily Mail site and this virtually identical one on the Telegraph site. They were both dated October 24th and both used this photo...I don't know if Nick McDermott of The Mail copied it off Andrew Hough of the Telegraph or not but there's only 9 minutes between the publication times of the articles so maybe they both copied it off someone else.

It wasn't The Huffington Post though. They didn't carry the story until November 4th but they still used that same photo.

It's taken a further 19 days for Tim Beissmann to get the story in Australia but he's definitely picked up the best picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment