Tuesday 1 November 2011

Time to do something about the stolen V5s?

I can't believe it was as long ago as 2006 that a huge number of blank V5 documents were stolen from the DVLA.

But it was.

It was so long ago, I can't find the story online now - although I haven't looked particularly hard.


There are plenty of related stories though...

This one from July 2008...

this one from January 2010...

and this one from October of that year.


In all that time, nothing constructive seems to have been done about it.

Until now?

I received today a brown envelope.

I opened it with trepidation, fully expecting something from Her Majesty's Inland Revenue...

But inside was a shiny new V5 document.

I was so excited, I took a photo of it (with added Lego Bricks to hide the identity of my beloved Jag)...It came with this explanatory note...
Helpful eh?

Lord knows how much this will be costing - but I do know it should have been done back in 2006 when there was still some money left in the Western world...

...and before a lot of innocent people were ripped off.

No comments:

Post a Comment