Saturday 21 July 2012

Jaguar Re-Branded

A silly little story from AutoGuide today about quirky, hairy comedian Russell Brand being photographed with a Jaguar XKR that has been "tagged" by a "famous" graffiti artist.

I've put "tagged" in quotes for those of you old duffers (the sort of person who would drive a Jaguar) to remind me to tell you that tagging is something that those of us down with kids refer to as identifying and labelling a piece of urban art (graffiti) with a particular urban artist.

I've put "famous" in quotes because I've never heard of the bloke. Then again, the only person who does this that I have ever heard of is Banksy - and he's more art than graffiti.

Anyway, the gist of this story is that the tagged Jaguar (or "Taguar" - I just made that up!) is trying to move the Jag image down an age-group or three - and Russell's endorsement is adding to the effect.

As a middle-aged Jag driver (me, not the car being middle-aged) I have absolutely no problem with this - although the XFR, XKR and proposed X-Type replacement will have more of an impact on this.

Otherwise, the story is just an excuse to use Russell Brand to get a bit of attention.

Disgraceful! (That post from 2010 is my second-most clicked-upon)

1 comment:

  1. I gotta say, It one of the crazy designs I've seen so far.

    Many would call it a "stupid idea" some would comments it "Cool"; i guest what I'm trying to say is that, people have their own and are entitled to an opinion...

    thank you for sharing

    Egypt have always amaze me since i was a kid, Someday i will be visiting the place if time allows.

    thank you for sharing this beautiful picture,

    from a follow blogger

    http://itsaboutcars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete