Sunday 25 August 2013

Holiday Photos

I've been on my holidays!
 
Did anyone notice that I hadn't posted anything for over two weeks?
 
Why not?
 
Anyway, I went to Gran Canaria.
 
Whilst there I read two books and the September issue of Top Gear Magazine.
 
The two books were "Me Of Little Faith" by Lewis Black which had nothing to do with cars whatsoever and "Back Story" by David Mitchell (the comedy actor/writer not the author).  This had almost nothing to do with cars apart from the revelation that when he tried to learn to drive at the age of 17, his instructor stopped the car and told the young Mitchell how he had seen an alien spacecraft land.
 
David Mitchell never went on to get a licence.
 
I've been meaning to mention Top Gear Magazine for a while now - they "refreshed" it again a couple of months ago.
 
This is a term used by marketing people and Tesco Store managers for moving stuff around.
 
In Tescos this means you can't find anything so I stop going there. The Top Gear Magazine refresh wasn't too bad and they've introduced a couple of new features like "Ask Uncle TopGear" and "James May's Almanac" that are quite amusing.
 
Now for the photos I took while I was there:
A fine example of an elderly Fiat 500 - the original one.  You can really see just how small it is when parked in a car park amongst ordinary vehicles. 
Talking of small, here is a Renault Twizy.  I saw one here in Britain once but it was covered in the car-dealer's logos and travelling in the opposite direction to me so it was a fleeting glimpse.  I actually got to take a peek inside this one.  When I posted on this car a while back I implied that I didn't like it.  Now, having seen one close up, I still think it's horrible. 
Talking of horrible, that is a word I would never use to describe this Volkswagen Kharmann Ghia. 
I might use it to describe the Dacia Logan (or budget brand Renault - I think it's based on an earlier shape Clio but don't hold me to that).  This car is probably quite common-place if you are in Southern or Eastern Europe but they don't sell them here so I took a photo of it. 
Talking of "they don't sell them here so I took a photo of it" - here's a Mark 2 (I think) Ford Mustang.
 
 
...and the weather was nice and I got a bit of a tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment