Tuesday 6 August 2013

My Family

No, not the popular BBC Sitcom which, in the good old days featured the brilliant Kris Marshall before he went off to appear in the terrible BT adverts which then went on to spawn another series of even worse BT adverts.
 
No, I am talking about the My Family stick people who have taken Australian rear car windows by storm and are apparently doing the same here.

I learnt about them from this Independent story by Gillian Orr (or "Grr!" to her friends).  The idea is you buy stickers to match your own family which can include grandparents and pets.
I wasn't too sure myself - I'm not too keen on window stickers that obstruct views and I also think of them like tattoos which I also don't like as I see it as defacing something nice like a human body or my car.
 
But then I took a look at their UK Website and started selecting characters that matched my own family.  Quite good fun but I won't be shelling out the £9.96 it would cost for these four people.  This will also discrimate against people with big families - it could cost a fortune and they won't be able see properly out of the back of their people-carriers.


Apparently, in Australia, there has been a bit of a backlash and various spoof versions are now appearing including pregnant teens and families with nooses.
Grr! states that "It is yet to be seen whether My Family Stickers will be a big hit over here, but you can bet they’ll be every bit as divisive"
 
Nah, I doubt if most people will even notice them.

No comments:

Post a Comment