Friday 13 September 2013

Renault Space

A few different Renault stories have caught my eye this week.

The first comes on the back of my story last week about Ford's new Vignale sub-brand - it seems Renault want their own upmarket label.  They are calling it "Initiale Paris" and although it won't be a sub-brand, it will adorn the classiest versions of their range.  Like Vignale, it was launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
It's purple.
 
Autocar, amongst many others, had the story.  Initiale Paris sounds pretentious - but that is probably because I hate the perfume adverts that pollute British television.  I wonder if perfume adverts in France have an English voice saying "Pie and Chips, the new scent from Fred Higginbottom"
 
The second story involves a priest giving the Pope a Renault 4 to potter around Vatican City in. 
The BBC used this photo in their story of a priest after a few brownie points.  Maybe the priest was inspired by my earlier story on that subject.  It's supposedly only 20 years old.  Yes I know that sounds old for a car but I didn't think they were still making Renault 4s in 1993.
 
Searching for a good link for that story of the Pope's newest car did lead me to this picture of Carly Pope.
Apparently, she's a Canadian actress.  But I digress.
 
The final Renault story of the week is this one
This handsome chappie is Carlos Ghosn who, according to Wikipedia, is a "French-Lebanese-Brazilian businessman."
 
There is no doubt, however, as to his position as president of Renault-Nissan.
 
He has been telling us, at the Frankfurt Motor Show, that the worst of the recession for the auto-trade is now over.  Hope he doesn't end up looking like an idiot.
 
Not that a French president could ever look an idiot.

Or could he?

No comments:

Post a Comment