Sunday 29 December 2013

Flooded!

A few weeks ago, in my post Electric Dreams, I suggested that I might do a follow-up called "Wet Dreams".

Well this is more a case of "Wet Nightmares".

The BBC covered the recent flooding that hit various parts of the UK last week including this picture...
...of a flood damaged classic MG that appears to have had logs floating around it.
 
The Mail seems to be taking great pleasure in an Aston Martin Rapide that got caught up in flood water.  The wording of the item and the comments at the end all seem to me to show that much jealousy is in abundance.
 
I feel very sorry for the owners of both these beautiful cars.
 
I don't have much sympathy though, with the twerp in this Mirror story from today.  A 19-Year-Old seems to have deliberately driven his car off a cliff into the Pacific Ocean.  Maybe he was trying to kill himself - he will certainly have endangered the lives of his rescuers.  It all looks very scary and his car was battered beyond recognition.
 
A bit like this one from a story that has been gradually picked up by various news agencies including the BBC over the last few days since it happened. 
A car travelling at motorway speeds (or maybe faster given the damage) has left the carriageway and hit a motorway sign.  The driver and passenger survived with minor injuries.  Nobody has speculated about what the car actually is but after ruling out a Nissan Juke, my guess is it used to be a Lexus RX.
 
I know that last story doesn't involve a car ending up in water - but I bet the front seats weren't dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment