Sunday 9 March 2014

#CopGear

Don't often find interesting car stories on a Sunday but the Telegraph had this one today.

It's about the Metropolitan Police moving their collection of historic vehicles to a new home at Hendon Police College.

I don't think I've done anything about Police Cars since October 2010 so it's about time I did.  Here's a picture of the procession:

You will see a Morris Minor in that procession:
When I saw that I thought the registration number looked fake.  But it isn't! 
I'm not too sure when this actually took place.  The Telegraph say is was "this week" but the official website say it was February 26th.  In either case, the official Metropolitan Police site is very interesting - definitely worth checking out.  The move has been given the name #CopGear mimicking the logo from Top Gear.
 
Here's one of the cars that didn't make the journey under its own steam:

Shame as I have quite a soft-spot for Triumphs.

One of the Telegraph readers asked "Where's the Quattro?"

Here ya go...

No comments:

Post a Comment