Tuesday 14 April 2015

Naked People in Cars

This picture caught my eye today:
It is from this Liverpool Echo story. It covers (or rather uncovers) an apparently naked man seen driving along the M62 motorway towards Liverpool.  The photo was taken by Dawn Hindley, who helpfully reveals (wrong word again) that she is an Interior Designer.  She says he was driving an "old, left hand-drive" car.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt in terms of taking photos while driving because although she says "I was driving into Liverpool from Bolton to meet a client. I cracked up laughing when I saw him." she does also use the phrase “We were on the M62 heading into Liverpool. His car was alongside us and I thought ‘he’s totally starkers’."  Note the use of the word "we" and the photo does look like it could have been taken from the passenger seat and the article does describe her as a "car passenger."

However, if I'd been sat in the passenger seat, I'd have been a bit more interested in the car - I could tell from the photo that it was something special - it looked Italian classic coupe to me - and after a bit of Internet image searching I found I was right.

It was one of these:
 
Not your average "old, left-hand drive car".  It is a late '60s/early '70s Alfa Romeo Bertone Coupe.  The driver could probably be relatively easily traced by such a rare vehicle.  Job for a proper journalist there.

The driver who may be a bit of a Romeo himself if the speculation in the comments section is anything to go by.

Which brings me on to this video:

A clever video that was trending on Youtube a week or three ago.

But I found myself trying to identify the car.

I thought at first it was actually done in a couple of cars because the steering wheel changes from white to black but that was just a trick of the light caused by it being filmed at different times of the day.

In the end I decided that it's probably an Australian car - a four-door saloon or pick-up, but apart from that - I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment