Tuesday 4 August 2015

No-Lympic Games

Formula e could join the Olympics in 2020.  So says Autoguide.
No it couldn't.

And no it shouldn't.

Jean Todt, a man I have quite a bit of time for and current head of the FIA has suggested it.

I like formula e - I watched and enjoyed many of the races in this inaugural season.

I can't say I'm a fan of The Olympics but I did enjoy the London ones in 2012 despite the Mail wanting to put a downer on them.  Then again, if ever I'm not sure about something - I find out The Mail's view and safely know that the opposing view is the correct one.

The logistics of this suggestion make it a non-starter - would they all use the same car? would it be the car's nationality or the driver's that would get the medals?  Are these drivers athletes in the true Olympic tradition?  Would the orginal marathon in Ancient Greece have been as impressive if a Vauxhall Ampera was involved?

Actually, it probably would given how few and far between the charging points are.

No comments:

Post a Comment