Thursday 23 November 2017

Messerschmitts v Spitfires

Just been watching an Episode of Chasing Classic Cars where Wayne Carini was at an auction where they were selling one of these:
...a Messerschmitt KR200.
 
Which is a slight coincidence because today's Autocar Throwback Thursday was looking at their old report on...
 
...the Messerschmitt KR200!
 
How big is your wife?
 
I only ask because, according to the review from 1957:
 
"at the back there is a bench which will hold a small wife and child, or a larger wife and a shopping basket."
 
Meanwhile, the interesting bit for me was that I would be allowed to use the reverse gears but if I only had a motorbike licence (they were more popular in the '50s) I would only be allowed to go forward.
 
However, I'd rather have a Spitfire myself:

No comments:

Post a Comment