Wednesday 28 February 2018

Space Tourism

It looks like NASA are not very pleased with Elon Musk sending his Tesla Roadster off to discover new worlds.
Here's the Metro (the newspaper not the motoring Blogger) story.
 
They are worried about space junk. (They being NASA, not me or the Metro newspaper)
 
I would be more worried about finding charging points.
 
Or more philosophical questions like, "If it was travelling at the Speed of Light, what would happen when you switched on the headlamps?"
 
Anyway, at least the thought of cars touring about space is pretty exciting.
 
Which is presumably why Citroen have a car called a Spacetourer.  They've had it for a couple of years but I never noticed.
 
Presumably because it is this...
- a van-sized people-carrier.
 
I only found out about it today because I read this Autocar story about Citroen renaming their C4 Picassos to be C4 Spacetourers - to bring them into line with it.
 
Now I regard people-carriers (or MPVs) as highly as I regard SUVs and CUVs. In other words - I don't.
 
Someone in the Citroen marketing department is being very optimistic.
 
Maybe they need a rocket under them.

No comments:

Post a Comment